Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Yoga Specialists is a small business dedicated to the values championed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Commission and complies with all anti-discrimination laws of the United States. Similarly, Yoga Specialists is not responsible for the Affirmative Actions of its members or member organization. That said, Yoga Specialists has a basic Equal Employment Opportunity Statement for our business that we encourage others to emulate.
This statement articulates our commitment of good faith efforts to attain fairness and equity in the administration of all employment practices such as recruitment, hiring, pay, benefits, job assignments, leave, promotions and employee development. Our statement promotes the creation of a diverse workforce and an inclusive, open work environment free of discrimination or harassment.
Yoga Specialists is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identification, national origin, genetic information, disability, military status, or age. Applicants for employment, vendors, contractors, and their members, customers, and the public are also recipients of this same commitment. At all times, Yoga Specialists reserves the right to refuse service or terminate a relationship when it is determined to be in the best interest of the safety of staff, members, member organizations, and partners.
Affirmative Action Policy
With less than 50 members, Yoga Specialists does not currently have federal contracts of any kind and is not required to have an Affirmative Action Plan. Yoga Specialists is not responsible for the Affirmative Actions of its members or member organization. That said, Yoga Specialists has a basic Affirmative Action Policy for our business that we encourage others to emulate.
We are taking deliberate steps to professionalize Yoga anew and overcome the effects of past or present barriers to assure our workforce is not only reflective of the available labor market of the communities we serve but that it can serve as a catalyst to achieve justice when possible. We plan to:
- Employ a workforce that achieves parity with the available labor force in our markets, giving preference to those in protected classes who may benefit from restorative justice.
- Implement fair hiring, promotion, performance evaluations, and opportunities for development that do not discriminate.
- Resolve employee problems and complaints and provide a safe space for honest discussion.
- Make reasonable employment accommodations in the event of injury or disability.
Discrimination and Harassment Policy
We believe all members and organizations are entitled to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identification, national origin, genetic information, disability, military status, or age. This behavior may subject the individual or organization in question to formal action, up to and including termination of the relationship.Examples of unacceptable behavior under this policy may include:
- Offensive references to race, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or identification, disability, or other protected class.
- Exhibition of offensive pictures, diagrams, and cartoons in any media that may be seen by other members or customers.
- Subjecting another employee or customer to unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.